Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year!

So as you may already notice, my blog has a completely different layout. I thought that because it's the new year of 2014, I should recreate a few things on my blog! I quite enjoy the new layout. Simple, yet physically appealing. It took me quite a while to add certain links and whatnot, but thanks to Google, I was able to make everything more accessible and appealing.

So to take my first step into the new year, I decided to make achievable goals. I decided to avoid calling them resolutions. I don't want to join the hype and then give up, like many others do. For example when everyone goes to the gym for the first few months, and then gives up. I want to be the 8% that succeeds in achieving my goals! I'm completely serious about every goal I make, and although it's only day 2 of this challenge, I am choosing to write down my progress and my thoughts of each and every day in a separate notebook.

In this case, I would like to share a few of my "resolutions". First of all, I would like to read more. I find that it will help me expand my vocabulary, give me some down-time from school work and drift me away from certain realities when necessary. I also want to drink more water. As ridiculous as that sounds, I feel that it will help me become healthier and cleanse my body properly. And the thing that comes hand-in-hand with health would be to eat healthier and exercise. By eating healthier, I'm going to limit myself to one piece of junk food per day. Whether it be chocolate or a cookie, I'll crave the bad foods less and less each day! The way in which I want to exercise is through a website called Blogilates. So basically, I've joined the Blogilates community. A fitness instructor named Cassey releases meal plans, workout videos and everything health based. She is amazing at motivating people and it's well-worth checking her website out! I love her attitude towards life and she is a great role-model for everything. Although I won't be  following meal plans exactly because it's quite difficult as a student, but, I am planning on following along with her exercises. They're great! Lastly, I want to become even more organized with my school work. I've bought a few notebooks to write down to-do lists and keep track of my schoolwork and work. It'll really help me accomplish all of my goals that I all be making this year.

The reason why I refuse to call it a resolution is because I want it to last longer than one year. I think that it'd be great to continue setting more and more goals to avoid stopping. All I have to do is set higher goals when I reach the next goal. I realize it's a lot of work, but in the end, I think of how meaningful all of this will be. My motivation is my past, present and future. I look at my past with motivation to change certain ways of myself, I look at my present to keep going and acknowledging how well I am doing, and I look at my future to aspire to do things and accomplish the goals I make.

I hope this post has guided you in some way to attain your goals! In all honesty, I wish the percentage of those who succeed in their new years resolutions was way higher. If you figure out your own way to accomplish your goals, be proud of yourself! Just know that it is going to be a lot of hard work. I realized that immediately after I wrote down my goals, and figured out how to do what I want to do.

What are some of your goals that you made when writing them down for New Years?

Much love,
JessicaLynn

2 comments:

  1. Hey JessicaLynn,
    I'm refusing "resolutions" this year too! They just always seem to fail. I like your goals! I crafted a "vision" instead. You can check out the idea here: A Vision of Success.

    ReplyDelete